Based on timut pepper, a spice plant from the Himalayas, TiMOOD™ can improve neuronal function in the skin and thereby increase skin homogeneity. Moreover, TiMOOD™ positively influences one’s mood and emotional wellbeing.
In a global society characterized by more and more people feeling stressed, the concept of emotional wellbeing has become increasingly important. Whereas self-care in beauty can help to boost mental health, a more relaxed state of mind, in turn, can improve skin appearance, as stress is a well-known inducer of skin problems. Skin that feels good can boost one’s mood; not only consciously due to a visible improvement of the facial appearance but also unconsciously via the skin-brain axis. This link between the skin and brain is achieved by signaling via released molecules as well as through the direct connection by nerve cells.
In a co-culture model of sensory neurons and keratinocytes, timut pepper extract increased neuron survival and neurite length, as well as keratinocyte proliferation and the release of dopamine. This demonstrated the potential of TiMOOD™ to protect the dense network of neurons in the skin, which can
be impaired in aged skin.
A clinical study has shown that 2 % TiMOOD™, applied for 28 days in a face cream
- improved emotional wellbeing measured by the EmoCompass® tool in stressed volunteers
- significantly improved skin tone evenness
- improved skin complexion in terms of both reduced redness and enhanced luminosity, leading to a healthier and fresher complexion
Thus, by protecting skin innervation, TiMOOD™ supports a healthy and even skin complexion and a balanced emotional wellbeing.
- Protects neurons from aging
- Supports a healthy and even skin complexion
- Improves wellbeing under stress
- Stimulates the skin-brain connection
- Complexion-enhancing neurocosmetics
- Mood-boosting body treatments
- Happiness-inducing face serum
- Relaxing skin masks
Formulating with TiMOOD™
- Recommended use level: 2 %
- Incorporation: For cold processes, dissolve TiMOOD™ into the aqueous phase. In hot / cold processes, add during the cooling phase below 40 °C.
- Thermostability: Temperatures of up to 40 °C for a short time will not affect the stability of TiMOOD™.
For further information, please refer to our formulation guidelines.
INCI (EU / PCPC) Declaration
Zanthoxylum Alatum Fruit Extract (and) Glycerin (and)
Glycol (and) Aqua / Water