It is a compound naturally found in wheat and barley, and it can also be produced by certain fungi on the skin. In cosmetic formulas, Azelaic acid is synthetically made. It acts as an exfoliant to promote skin cell turnover and unclog pores. Additionally, it has anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antioxidant properties that make it excellent for treating acne, rosacea, hyperpigmentation, and uneven skin tone.
Products in which Azelaic acid can be used
There are several types of products in which Azelaic acid can be used.
- Creams: Azelaic acid creams are great for those with acne-prone skin as they can help unclog pores, reduce inflammation, kill acne-causing bacteria, brighten the skin, and even out the skin tone.
- Serums: Azelaic acid serums are light and absorb quickly into the skin, making them ideal for people with oily or combination skin. They can help reduce inflammation, shrink open pores, and achieve an even complexion.
- Toners: Adding Azelaic acid toners to your skincare routine can aid in unclogging pores while reducing redness and pigmentation.
- Cleansers: Azelaic acid cleansers effectively remove dirt, oil, and makeup from the skin.
Why should you use Azelaic acid products?
Azelaic acid products offers benefits across various skincare concerns* such as:
- Acne: By clearing out bacteria-clogged pores through its exfoliating effect, Azelaic acid helps prevent breakouts while also reducing redness caused by inflammation.
- Rosacea: Azelaic acid's anti-inflammatory properties are effective at decreasing both inflammation levels and redness associated with rosacea while preventing future acne breakouts.
- Melasma: As a tyrosinase inhibitor, Azelaic acid prevents excessive melanin production which helps treat hyperpigmentation issues like melasma.
- Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation: Azelaic acid works to reduce inflammation caused by conditions like acne, thus helping fade post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation.
- Keratosis pilaris: By unclogging pores and reducing inflammation, Azelaic acid can help minimise the appearance of the characteristic bumps on the skin that point to keratosis pilaris.
- Psoriasis vulgaris: Azelaic acid's anti-inflammatory properties help alleviate redness and soothe scaly patches linked to psoriasis vulgaris, a chronic skin condition.
- Hidradenitis suppurativa: Azelaic acid can help to reduce inflammation associated with hidradenitis suppurative, a chronic skin condition that causes painful, pus-filled bumps in the armpits, groin, and other areas of the body.
Azeco Cosmeceuticals is a trustworthy supplier of cosmetic-grade Azelaic acid. They offer a wide range of excellent products including creams, serums, toners, and cleansers with different concentrations of Azelaic acid. These high-quality products are suitable for all skin types as they are free from harmful chemicals. Incorporating Azelaic acid into your skincare routine can lead to reduced inflammation, unclogged pores, brighter skin, and diminished hyperpigmentation. To try before committing to full-size products from Azeco Cosmeceuticals, sample formulations are available upon request.
In conclusion, Azelaic acid is a versatile skincare ingredient that effectively addresses various skin concerns such as acne, rosacea, hyperpigmentation, and uneven skin tone.
*These benefits across various skincare concerns relate to cosmetic applications. For pharmaceutical applications, these concerns are proven evidence studies.