King of Shaves was founded by Will King in the UK in 1993, and by 2007, the company’s turnover was £13.9m. In 2012, the company launched an online razor, blade and shaving oil subscription service. Other recent launches include Shave+Shield in addition to the shaving gel AlphaGel. Cosmetic News Weekly interviewed Will King, founder and CEO of King of Shaves (KoS).Questions answered
- How do you remain innovative in such a competitive niche?
- What is your advice for young businesses reinventing themselves?
- How has your strategy evolved to meet the demands of globalisation?
- What would you say is the key to promoting a new product?
- What do you see as the future of men’s shaving products?