SMUG Retail shares bed-bound, super-easy exercises that’ll tone your tummy and strengthen your system
Finding the motivation to shift yourself from the comfort of your bed into a morning workout is certainly easier said than done. But what if we told you that there was a way to have the best of both worlds?
That’s right! We’re here to share with you our brilliant bed-bound super-easy exercises that’ll tone your tummy, strengthen your system, and help you rise and shine to a bright new day. Here’s 5 of our favourites:
1. Leg Lifts - Start by lying on your left side, keeping your body completely straight. With your toes facing forward, raise your right leg upwards towards your bedroom ceiling. Bring it up as far as you’re comfortable, before returning to the original position. Repeat this movement for 30 reps, before switching sides and giving your other leg a go. Leg Lifts are amazing for opening out your lower back, stretching your quadriceps, and engaging your abdomen!
2. Air Bike - Lying flat on your back, with your arms by your side, raise your hips and legs off of the mattress. Close your eyes, and begin to imagine that your feet are pushing the pedals of a bike, circling them in a forward motion. When you’ve pedalled the air for 30 seconds, reverse the movement, bringing your feet towards you for another half a minute. This is our go-to bed-based endurance exercise, and it immobilises your hip joints in the most refreshing way too.
3. Full Body Crunch - It’s time to wake up those abs! Start on your back, with your legs and arms both raised off of the mattress. From this outstretched position, bend your legs inwards to meet your chest, whilst swooping both arms around your knees; forming a tight ball shape. Using your stored energy, explode back out into the original levitated position; repeating the process for a full minute. This is a great remedy to tone your tummy!
4. Criss Cross Sit-Ups - Begin by lying flat on your back, with your legs separated at a 90° angle and your toes pointing up. Crunch up, extending both hands towards your right foot, before returning your back to the bed. Crunch up again, but this time, reach for your left foot, controlling both the motion and your steady return to the mattress. Repeat these alternating movements for a whole minute, engaging your core, spine and hamstrings in the process.
5. 4-7-8 - Our final mention involves absolutely no physical movement at all, but rather focusses on exercising your breathing and mind. Simply inhale through your nose for a count of 4, holding your breath for a count of 7, and releasing through your mouth to a slow count of 8. This technique, which was developed by Dr Andrew Weil, is a proven method of reducing anxiety, calming the mind, and sourcing deep inner peace; ready for the day ahead!
You’ll be surprised by just how good you feel after these simple exercises; setting both your body and mind in the perfect place before you even get out of bed!
And because we firmly believe that your night is just as important as your morning, we’ve put together a whole host of luxurious sleep saviours that’ll guide you peacefully through your dreams - it’s no wonder that our customers don’t want to ever leave their beds!
Discover a new kind of sleep, by visiting Sleep SMUG here.
And if you’re looking to increase the difficulty of these movements, why not take a visit to our sister brand SMUG Active. We’ve curated a whole range of wonderful products, including our very own SMUG Active Resistance Bands, helping you to add that extra element of challenge to your morning bed-bound exercise.
Ready to finally level up your workout? Visit: www.smugactive.com/collections/shop