BRB Silicones launches innovative Hand Sanitization Gel Formulations
BRB Personal Care team demonstrated by adding suitable silicone ingredients in common hand sanitisation gel formulation will provide improvement on: superior skin after-feel; smooth, soft and non-tacky; and good moisturisation on top of perfect crystal-clear appearance required for hand sanitisation gel, which is not afforded by glycerin and propylene glycol.
With the ongoing coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis, hand cleansing and sanitisation are key steps to fight against the disease.
Washing with soap and water is recognised as the most effective manner to remove germs and viruses on hands, but in the absence of any such options, using a hand sanitiser, with at least 60% alcohol, can help avoid spreading the viruses and sickness to others.
Whilst hand sanitiser has useful advantages of portability and convenience, especially when on the go, many formulations suffer undesirable side-effects.
Skin dryness, irritation and defatting leading to quite sticky and an uncomfortable after-feel are widely reported.
Most formulators are adding simple moisturizers such as glycerin or propylene glycol to mitigate the problem but significantly lose on the skin-feel.
Through a systematic approach, BRB has explored the formulation space of hydroalcoholic-based hand sanitizing gels to:
- Optimise the ingredients ratio
- Screen silicone ingredients delivering superior skin after-feel versus classical gels containing glycerin and propylene glycol
- Confirm skin care performance benefits through physical and panel testing
- Maintain a crystal-clear appearance
- Validate an easy production process
- the outcome of an extensive study has allowed BRB to significantly improve the hand sanitising gels sensory and identify innovative formulation routes to match specific expectations.
Interested to know more about how to improve your hand sanitizing gel? Simply drop an email to email@example.com and we will be more than happy to share more data and solutions.
The global Covid-19 pandemic is a major challenge for the humankind. BRB is committed to doing everything we can to meaningfully support customers and partners in this period.