In the process of developing raw materials and final topical products, it is crucial to conduct studies directly on human subjects' living skin. Without advanced in vivo methods, reliable and trusted claims regarding skin compatibility and efficacy are often unattainable.
The SGS proderm Academy has invited international experts to provide an extensive overview of this field's methods and technology. Participants will gain current insights into skin research, methods and devices. What sets this seminar apart is that experts will bring their devices for live demonstrations, allowing hands-on experience for participants.
The program comprises of two keynote lectures on skin science as well as lectures and practical demonstrations of the following methods and techniques:
- Standard instruments (skin hydration, pH, sebum, skin mechanics)
- In Vivo Confocal Raman Spectroscopy
- Transepidermal Waterloss (Aquaflux), 2D Capacitance (Epsilon)
- Photographic Techniques
- Line-field Confocal Optical Coherence Tomography (LC-OCT)
- Skin Profilometry (AEVA-HE)
- Alternative Sun Protection Measurement (LED-HDRS)
- Image Evaluation and Analysis