Sensory Analysis is the best tool to assess the
perceived quality of your products, both in terms
of their efficacy and how they are appreciated by
your future consumers.
Dermscan sensory tests enable you to highlight
the perception, description and action of your
products, based on senses perceived by humans:
sight, smell, touch, hearing.
The assessments are performed by our expert
panel or by your target of future users/consumers.
Dermscan proposes made-to-measure protocols, tailored to your particular needs:
- in vivo: sniff test (determination of deodorising action)/
characterisation of odours (hair / scalp)
- in vitro: on all type of material / directly on your
Assessment of skin radiance
- in vivo: evaluation of colour / texture / overall appearance
Visual descriptive assessment – scores
- In vivo or on photo: scoring by our experts of descriptors
like signs of skin ageing / fatigue / shine / hold quality
- On any type of product: acoustic tests
Subjective assessment – consumer test
- On your target users: assessment / position with respect
to the competition / purchasing intention of the product
after use at home under real conditions.
Other sensory analysis:
discriminatory or descriptive tests or / ranking or hedonic tests, etc.
The responses obtained from our sensory analyses provide effective guidance for the
development of better products. Aware of your product’s differences compared to the
competition and capable of identifying what triggers an emotion, your R&D becomes even