Based on mastic, which is an aromatic resin from the bark of a tree that grows on the Greek island of Chios, NovoRetin™ is able to increase the amount of naturally occurring retinoic acid in the skin, which leads to retinol-like effects.
Retinol is well-known for its strong anti-aging effects and the benefits it offers for acne-prone skin. Retinoic acid, which is the major active metabolite of retinol, is responsible for these retinol effects in the skin.
NovoRetin™ is able to inhibit the activity of CYP26 enzymes that degrade retinoic acid in the skin. Thereby, NovoRetin™ can retain naturally occurring retinoic acid levels in the skin, which leads to retinol-like effects without the need to apply retinoids topically on the skin.
Clinical studies conducted on Caucasian and Asian women have shown that 2% NovoRetin™:
- Increases skin elasticity and skin density by 20 % and 14 % after 28 days
- Has an immediate lifting potential with an improvement in wrinkle depth and length by 14 % after only a single application
- Refines pores and reduces pore volume by 42 % after only two weeks
- Reduces retentional lesions with a reduction in blackheads by 40%
- Reduces shininess by 11 % after only two weeks, while increasing skin hydration at the same time.
Therefore, NovoRetin™ serves as an ideal plant-based retinol alternative in cosmetics, providing both strong anti-aging effects and exceptional benefits for acne-prone skin.
- Boosts naturally occurring retinoic acid in the skin
- Improves skin elasticity and density
- Effects immediate lifting
- Visibly refines pores and blemishes
- Stable and safe retinol activity
- Advanced age-defying formulas
- Immediate lifting products
- Treatments for acne-prone skin
- Pore minimising formulas
Formulating with NovoRetin™
- Recommended use level: 2-3%
- Incorporation: For cold processes, dissolve NovoRetin™ into the aqueous phase. In hot / cold processes, add during the cooling phase below 40 °C.
- Thermostability: Temperatures of up to 40 °C for a short time will not affect the stability of NovoRetin™. For further information, please refer to our formulation guidelines.
INCI (EU / PCPC) Declaration
Pistacia Lentiscus Gum / Pistacia Lentiscus (Mastic) Gum (and) Lecithin (and) Pentylene Glycol (and) Glyceryl Caprylate / Caprate (and) Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride (and) Aqua / Water.
- Without preservatives
- 100 % natural origin