The Challenges of the EU Cosmetic Regulation: Practical Advice for the Industry
7 July 2015
Event venue: Hotel Russell, London
Organiser: TSGE Consulting Limited
The main objective of the conference is to provide practical guidance on how to manage the various obligations set out in the EU Cosmetic Regulation (1223/2009). This includes updates on how the industry is responding to the Regulation from dealing with claims to safety testing and assessments. The conference will include presentations from experts within the cosmetic industry including Richard Knight from the UK Trading Standards and Joyce Ryan from Joyce Ryan Consulting.
The programme presentation topics include:
- Product marketing: Do consumers really believe in what they are buying?
- Potential problems with permeating products - Assessing skin toxicity
- Principles of claim substantiation
- Regulation 1223/2009: The role of Trading Standards in the UK - Critical friend and law enforcer
- What to expect when outsourcing your compliance, case study findings and recent serious non compliances
- Challenges faced by the fragrance industry and cosmetic manufacturers
- Cosmetics ingredients under siege