A successful candidate will be able to perform both as an expert individual contributor and as a team/project leader to resolve regulatory issues. The candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.
Director of Packaging & Project Development
This role is responsible for reviewing cosmetic and skincare packaging documentation including raw material SDS, TDS, COA, test reports and product safety reports, as well as preparing and completing client packaging attestations. The candidate should provide professional support and solutions for product development teams while ensuring compliance with international cosmetic, skincare and haircare primary packaging regulations with respect to countries where the products are sold. Also provide regulatory training and strategic assessments to R&D/Development/Quality/Supply Chain teams to offer support regarding new regulations and packaging compliance.
This will be a challenging role, you are the one to review and communicate packaging requirements and coordinate with suppliers for documentation and 3 rd party testing labs for additional safety testing as needed. While applying your technical knowledge to fulfill your role, you will keep up-to-date with worldwide regulations related to company products, and will be the primary point of contact for regulatory compliance. Required to maintain work status reports and provide regular updates to department
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- Degree in Science or Chemistry and at least 5 years’ experience with technical or regulatory related documentation or other related experience in preparing chemical or engineering specifications.
- Fully understand and interpret technical documents, assessing relevance to regulation to be applied.
- In-depth Knowledge of International regulations, such as EU REACH, CA Prop 65.
- Knowledge of plastic resins, and other materials like rubbers, glues, printing inks, etc…
- Basic understanding of other more specific chemical safety/regulatory requests, e.g.: Formaldeyhde, PAHs, phthalates, etc…
- Familiar with PCR materials and recycling standards, GRS and RCS.
- Basic understanding of fty certifications, ISO QMS, environmental and social/ethical audits/certifications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Highly organised, handle multiple tasks with a high degree of accuracy and timeliness.
- Computer literacy including MS Office365, SharePoint and Teams.
Please send full CV/resume in ENGLISH to email@example.com and list the job title in your email subject.