The founder of France’s third largest pharmaceutical company was aged 87
Pierre Fabre, founder of France’s third largest pharmaceutical company after Sanofi and Servier, has died at the age of 87.
The company, which was founded by Fabre in 1961 and today employs 10,000 people, owns numerous cosmetics brands including Avene, A-Derma, Galenic, Ducray, Klorane, and Réné Furturer.
The company’s global turnover reached €1.98bn last year – 54% of which came from global sales. Its dermo-cosmetics division brought in just over half (53%) of the company’s total revenue while pharmaceuticals accounted for the other 47%.