The Covid-19 outbreak will slow value decline in 2020, as parents stockpile on essentials in the short-term. Buying behaviours will normalise however, and the category is set to continue on its downward trajectory as birth rates continue to decline and parents streamline their routines.
The Covid-19 outbreak will leave household finances squeezed, which will see parents further cut back on spend. However niche brands with a natural/organic positioning or eco-ethical credentials have performed well in 2019, suggesting that NPD in these areas could encourage spend longer term.
This report will look at the following areas:
- The impact of Covid-19 on consumer behaviour and the babies’ and children’s personal care products, nappies and wipes market
- How the market will fare the post-Covid-19 slowdown
- The value of individual segments and brand performance in 2019
- Launch activity and consumer interest in innovation
- Baby care products purchased, where products were bought and behaviours and attitudes towards them.
For more information on Mintel's report, see here.