Financial Accounting and Reporting
- Lead the audit process through to statutory accounts submission - managing the Finance Team throughout to ensure the year-end accounts are produced and filed in a timely manner – and ensure that any and all issues are resolved appropriately.
- Ensure robust and accurate balance sheet reconciliations are carried out in line with company requirements.
- Provide clear dashboard/status reports and risk analysis supported by clear commentary.
- Develop enhanced management information to meet the business’s needs.
- Ensure that the Finance Director/Company has accurate overhead forecasting.
- Work with the Finance Director and operational leadership team to develop detailed budgets and reforecasts.
Finance Operations, Pensions and Payroll services
- Develop best practice procedures and reporting in managing the Finance Operations team.
- Ensure the Finance team (Finance Business Partner/Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable Mgr and Asst Management Accountant) deliver robust and accurate Monthly.
- Management Accounts and Management Information, to timetable and ensure adherence to accounting policy and procedures.
- Understand and improve the working capital cycle of **** and **** ensuring sufficient financial resources are available to meet **** &****’s commitments through cashflow forecasting and related governance activity.
- Responsible for treasury activity and related treasury policy.
- Manage the relationship with **** & ****’s bankers.
- Ensure the **** and **** payroll process is delivered in a timely and accurate manner together with related payments, support and communication where necessary.
- Liaise with the Pension provider to support the defined contribution pension plan.
Financial Control and Governance
- Maintain an effective system of internal financial controls.
- Ensure accurate and compliant accounting for, reporting and payment of all taxes, provision of technical advice on Taxation matters where possible (VAT, PAYE, and Corporation Tax) and liaison with the Accountants where necessary.
Transformation, Finance Systems and Reporting
- Play a key role over the next two years in the transformation of the finance function to a ‘future-ready’ team suitable for a £100m+ turnover business.
- Responsible for the oversight of the Finance system, including change control, development and reporting.
- Oversee the strategic development and implementation of portfolio of transformation across our financial systems.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Management Accounting and Financial Controller experience.
- Technical knowledge of IFRS accounting standards and their application and tax matters.
- Audit experience.
- Demonstrable experience in reviewing processes and in implementing financial controls.
- Some experience of driving transformational change.
- Able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Experience in influencing and collaboration.
- Ability to build key relationships and engage effectively at all levels across the organisation.
- Agile problem solver – able to identify, develop and deliver well thought out solutions to sometimes complex problems. Flexible in approach to issues and has a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Analytical and attention to detail – constantly strives to deliver to the highest quality.
- Qualified accountant with six years post qualification experience.
Our Benefits Package
- Vitality Health Insurance.
- Discretionary Bonus.
- Flexi start and finish times.
- Product Allowance.
- Free parking on site.
- 25 days holiday.
- If you are interested in a new opportunity apply now!
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- +44 (0) 131 226 5060