Some of the biggest names in the beauty industry have united to create a limited edition artwork, in the latest fundraising effort from Caroline Hirons’ Beauty Backed Trust initiative.
Charlotte Tilbury, Lisa Eldridge, Jamie Genevieve and Trinny Woodall are among the 17 leading make-up artists and brand founders who contributed their unique designs to the piece, which is available as a t-shirt (£31), tote bag (£24.50) and print (from £7.50) in partnership with fashion brand House of Neon.
It features imagery inspired by the industry heavy hitters’ beauty trademarks, including pink plaits from celebrity hairstylist Sam McKnight, Charlotte Tilbury’s ‘magic star’ design and Trinny London founder Woodall’s stacked make-up pots.
All sales will go towards Beauty Backed Trust’s grant programme, which supports businesses and individuals in the industry with financial assistance, mentoring, stock and equipment.
“I have worked in and loved the beauty industry for more than 25 years, and I am honoured to work alongside so many amazing people,” said Skin Rocks founder Hirons.
“I set up Beauty Backed to ensure the beauty professionals who run incredible businesses that contribute billions to the UK economy and enable 1,000s of people to feel their best continues to be a well-funded and supported service provider.”
- Bobbi Brown and Caroline Hirons named among British Beauty Council ambassadors
- Caroline Hirons: Why one of beauty’s most influential women doesn’t believe in influencers
- Cosmetics Business reveals the top 5 budget beauty trends of 2023 in new report
Hirons initially founded Beauty Backed Trust in 2020 to aid independent beauty businesses affected by the Covid-19 pandemic, raising more than £600,000.
The full list of beauty professionals who contributed to the design is:
- Adam Reed, founder of Arkive Headcare
- Caroline Hirons, founder of Beauty Backed and Skin Rocks
- Charlotte Mensah, hair artist and brand founder
- Charlotte Tilbury founder and Chief Creative Officer for Charlotte Tilbury Beauty
- Danessa Myricks, make-up artist and founder of Danessa Myricks Beauty
- Dija Ayodele, founder of Black Skin Directory
- Hannah Martin, make-up artist
- Katie Jane Hughes, make-up artist
- Jamie Genevieve, make-up Artist and founder of VIEVE
- Lisa Eldridge, founder of Lisa Eldridge Beauty
- Lisa Potter-Dixon, make-up artist and author
- Marian Newman, nail artist and author
- Mary Greenwell, make-up artist
- Patrick Wilson, celebrity hairstylist
- Ruby Hammer, make-up artist and brand founder
- Sam McKnight MBE, founder of Hair by Sam McKnight
- Trinny Woodall, founder and CEO of Trinny London