This innovative open-and-close system that replaces the traditional “head and cap” with only one component allows more than 80% weight reduction compared to standard head+cap solutions. This provides a 55%(1) weight reduction for the whole tube compared to standard tubes.
Made from HDPE, the solution guarantees mono-materiality and is ready to be recycled through existing recycling streams for HDPE bottles.
Combining reduction and recycling-readiness, Albéa’s award-winning solution tackles the main current challenges of the packaging industry:
- A disruptive design showing the material saving
- A light-weight solution, -55% weight reduction vs standard solution on the market in D50 and -60% weight reduction in D35
- A lower carbon footprint solution, -57% carbon reduction vs standard
- A customisable solution, as EcoFusion Top can be combined with various sleeve options for laminate and extruded tubes
- An E-Commerce ready solution, compliant with the Ista-6 standard
Another advantage is that all these features are contributing to reducing the European Plastic Tax!
EcoFusion Top is the embodiment of Albéa Tubes’ commitment to create a sustainable tube packaging with a reduced carbon footprint.
(1) tube D50, 200ml, EcoFusion Top + Thin-Wall 350µm vs. standard head+cap with 500µm sleeve thickness.