With an extensive experience in silicones, BRB is the largest independent producer in the world, with a turnover close to € 161 million, enjoying a unique supplier position in Personal Care.
The Power of Smart Ingredients
BRB combines a comprehensive range of cost-effective ingredients with an efficient logistic, meeting the needs of customers around the globe. BRB serves wide customization flexibility and offers the possibility to eliminate most single sourcing issues. Established in 1981, headquartered in the south of the Netherlands, BRB International is proud of its responsive worldwide supply chain network through offices and warehouses in the UK, Poland, United States, South Africa, Malaysia, Australia, China and Singapore. Our manufacturing sites are located in Europe, Asia and the United States.
Silicones in Personal Care offer:
- Outstanding sensory features: soft, smooth touch and silky feel
- Shine and gloss maximization
- Enhancement of aesthetic effects, matte finish
- Smooth and easy application with improved spreadability
- Non greasy lubrication, combability and anti-static effect
- Long lasting protection of hair, skin and colours
- Superior formulation aid: compatibility, material carrier for active ingredients.
- Dimethiconol blends
- Dimethicone copolyols
- Amodimethicone emulsions
- Dimethiconol emulsions
- Quaternium microemulsions
Latest product: Silicone Quaternium microemulsion
BRB 5446 is a clear, non-ionic microemulsion of a quaternary ammonium functional silicone, with the following INCI: Silicone Quaternium-17 (and) Trideceth-7 (and) Trideceth-5. This micro-emulsion offers superior wet and dry detangling, softness and healthy-looking hair. Moreover, it endeavors heat protection by reducing moisture loss during thermal treatments.
It provides exemplary wet and dry conditioning effects on the hair along with the combined benefits of adding more body and volume to the hair.
The main features of the BRB 5446 are:
- Offers premium conditioning effects in a wide variety of hair care product types
- Effective at low application rates, typically 0.5-4.0%
- Simple process ability and easy incorporation into formulations
- Especially suited to formulate clear products
The main benefits of the BRB 5446 are:
- Offers superior wet and dry detangling, softness and healthy-looking hair
- Enhances heat protection by reducing moisture loss during thermal treatments, eg styling, straightening and blow-drying
- Durable conditioning effect provides longlasting hair strength and elasticity
- High cationic nature targets hair with maximum damage
BRB 5446 in formulation: CC Leave in hair conditioner
- Add phase A into bulk and heat to 70-75°C
- In a separate tank, heat phase B to 70-75°C. Add phase B into A and homogenize well
- At 60°C, add in C1. Homogenize well
- At 45°C, add in C2-C4. Mix well after each addition
- Premix phase D. Add phase D into bulk and mix well
- Add phase E one by one into bulk and mix well